Sales and Services Tax Act 2018
Exempted Goods Taxable Services FAQ
The Sales and Services Tax will take effect from September 1, 2018.
The Royal Malaysian Customs published and uploaded some guidelines to their website, we present them below, some relevant ones, for your easy reference as at August 16, 2018.
Please check with the Royal Malaysian Customs website http://www.customs.gov.my and your tax consultants as there will be updates from time to time.
- Application for exemption under Schedule C, Item 1 and 2, updated August 23, 2018
- Proposed Subsidiary Legislation and various Industry Guides now Available at Legislation and Industry Guides tabs; updated August 20, 2018
- A presentation slides on Sales Tax 2018 prepared by the Royal Malaysian Customs
- A list of Frequently Asked Questions FAQ on Sales Tax 2018
- The PROPOSED list of goods exempted from Sales Tax 2018; updated July 16, 2018
- GETTING READY FOR SALES TAX EXEMPTION APPLICATION, for qualified applicants; updated August 16, 2018.
- LIST OF PROPOSED TAXABLE SERVICES updated August 22, 2018
- The list of Taxable Services under the Service Tax Act 2018 updated August 1, 2018
Goods and Services Tax Tax
- Submission GST-03 Return for Final Taxable Period; updated August 16, 2018
- Final Submission GST-04 Return; updated August 16, 2018: details are as follows:
Submission GST-04 Return
Please be informed that pursuant to Section 7 of Goods and Service Tax (Repeal) Act 2018, the non GST Registrants are required to submit the final GST-04 Return and make full payment for the amount of tax payable in connection with the supply, for the last taxable period within 30 days from September 1, 2018 i.e. by or before September 30, 2018.
For the DISCLAIMER click here for more information and
Please check with the Royal Malaysian Customs website http://www.customs.gov.my and your tax consultants as there will be MANY updates from time to time.