Currently, we have one assistant, for the positions we are recruiting please click here.
For more information on the expectations of the firm:
We need one young lawyer in our litigation department who loves litigation, doing research and assisting a senior in court. Successful candidates will receive personal tutelage on procedures and the law.
We are a small firm with main area of our work is related to Companies Winding Up Petitions. Besides Companies Winding Up Petitions, we are instructed to handle some other civil litigations from our corporate clients.
The type of civil litigation matters that we accept (again in a small band) vary from time to time, inter alia the following are examples of some recent matters handled by the firm:
- Applications related to a Mareva Injunction obtained by our Japanese clients;
- Applications on behalf of a world renown car maker to compel their debtors to produce certain information;
- A high court trial involving the issues of Central Bank foreign exchange rulings;
- A high court action involving divesting of interest by an international direct sale company;
- A high court trial on malicious prosecution;
- A high court action involving fiduciary duties of directors and fraudulent transactions.
- For the qualified applicants, you can learn a great deal, have lots of fun and have a nice pay package for the civil litigation assistant we can discuss profit sharing.
You can read some comments from our assistant and pupil. The applicant for High Court Corporate litigations should have a very keen interest in matters involving Corporate restructuring, injunctions (Mareva, Anton), Companies Winding Up proceedings, (after all we pioneered the Pay Up or Wind Up concept) appointment of liquidator, provisional liquidator post winding up liquidation works. The remuneration package is negotiable depending on the individual. We are near the KLCC. Join us for an exciting journey! Apply here or Send us your CV by email. There are many advantages working in Small Firms, with a nice pool of clients.
Photos of some of our ‘graduated’ pupils. Some activities of the Firm. Mr Alex Chang as the Mover. Jobs at Alex Chang & Co ‘Junior’ Pupils Nazifah Zainun Nur Azhan Ann Foo Hiap Choong Macy Chong Mei Zhi Megan Lim Soo Zee Lim Hui Ling 2001 Chan Pooi Ling 2006 Attachment Program Miss Chuah Ji Nie & Miss Chew Wei Ling Marina Wong More ‘Senior’ Pupils Jo Tan Swee Poh Chiang Xing Zhi Erica Lam.
L1: Miss Lim Soo Zee who has just completed her pupilage (in Nov 2012) and to be admitted to the bar in Jan 2013
R1: Miss Syarifah Syuhada just started her pupilage in Nov 2012 R2: Miss Madihah started her pupilage in Sept 2012