Why In-House Seminar or Training?
According to Hermann Ebbinghaus, a German psychologist who pioneered the experimental study of memory, and is known for his discovery of the forgetting curve and the spacing effect. The forgetting curve hypothesises the decline of memory retention in time. This means information is lost over time when there is no attempt to retain it.
For example, if you send your finance manager for training, only the finance manager would benefit from it, and when he/ she returns to the office he/she has to disseminate that information to the rest of the team.
If the retention power of that finance manger is very good and he/ she MAY remember everything, but to disseminate that information is a whole other level of playing field and by the time it is disseminated to the rest, the audience might only get 50% of what the finance manager presented because:-
1. The finance manager is not the speaker himself/ herself.
2. He/ She might have misinterpreted some of the points given by the speaker.
3. He/ She might have missed one or two important points.
But With In-House Seminar or Training you are able to:-
1. Get the best from the trainer, imagine all the legal questions from all the departments answered by the speaker in one session and the answers are instantly appreciated by all the managers and their subordinates.
3. Maximise productivity, Instead of only two or three persons obtaining the information, all the employees get to benefit from it too.
4. Save time You are able to save time, as the time and location is determined by the company to fit the busy schedules of the particular company. The speaker may be able to accommodate you on a Saturday, by special request.
5. Strengthen the bond between the employees, they are able to learn together and can help one another, if they do not understand some parts of the training. They are also able to share their thoughts with one another.
On the other hand there are also some challenges to In-House Training
Because In-House Training is held in a group with their own colleagues some of the employees might only be attending the course as a reason to escape from work.
Apart from that, the employees might cease to pay full attention due to having a mini discussion amongst themselves about the “Best Buys” at Tesco.
As it is a closed environment, the employees will not have the opportunity ableto exchange ideas and network with colleagues from other companies.
We have conducted several In-House Training courses/ seminars for:-
KYM Holdings Bhd
D.I.C. Malaysia Sdn Bhd
Ann Joo Resources Bhd
CCM Chemicals Sdn Bhd