Bankruptcy Discharge passport go anywhere anytime Full Settlement Creditor

Bankruptcy Discharge Full Settlement Creditor

Bankruptcy Law In Malaysia and Legal Tips

Bankruptcy Discharge of Full Settlement Creditor

Versi Bahasa Malaysia


If you wish to obtain a Discharge from Bankruptcy after Payment in Full to the Judgment Creditors.

You need to
1 Obtain a letter of full and final settlement from the Judgment Creditors who “made you bankrupt”. Please do NOT proceed to make payment unless you have performed all the steps;

2 Negotiate for a lesser sum from the Judgment Creditors if you wish;

3 Get a list of all creditors who have filed a Proof of Debt (POD) against you with the Director General of Insolvency. The creditor who “made you bankrupt” may not be the only creditor;

4 Fill in, affirm (sign) it before a Commission for Oaths and file a Statement of Affairs (SOA) with the Official Assignee, the Director General of Insolvency;

5 Get a letter (hereinafter the “Letter”) from the Director General of Insolvency on the exact sum to be paid to the Director General of Insolvency for them to consent to your application to discharge;

6 Make the full payment to the Director General of Insolvency as per the sum in the Letter;

7 Instruct a firm of solicitors, to make an application in court for the discharge.

8 Before your discharge, the Director General of Insolvency (DGI) will charge a sum according to Table C in the Insolvency (Fees) Rules 1969, click here for a copy of the same. Only when the fees together with the outstanding sum are paid, then only the DGI will consent to your application for an annulment.

Please click here for a sample of official receipt from DGI.


To let us help you better, please take a few minutes to fill up the form below:

Please let us have the details of your matter



Share this page:
2 Thoughts on Bankruptcy Discharge Full Settlement Creditor
    karyn choong
    19 Apr 2017

    I just declared bankrupt on 25/3 without any notice.I want to settle all the debts instantly( paying in full) and will the discharged possible? Engaging a lawyer will an helpful? How much is the fee?

      Alex Chang
      8 Apr 2018

      Dear Reader
      Thank you for submitting your question.

      We are happy to note here that we have discharged the bankruptcy of
      this reader.

      Thanks again.
      Best Regards

      Alex Chang
      Alex CHANG & Co
      Cell/ Whatsapp/ Viber +60122273289
      HK: +852-8170-3389