1. Traditionally your Pupil Master or your Pupil Mistress will enjoy the singular privilege to “ROBE” the pupil, is he or she coming or not coming?
2. If your parents are able to attend please inform the counsel moving your call so that they may be introduced during the speech.
3. White winged collar shirt for gentlemen or white blouse for ladies
4. Robes AND Barrister Bands (Bibs) or Collarette or Full Bib Collarette;
5. Further notes on Dress code please click here, if you are a lady you have the privilege to choose between hearing a pair of Skirts or trousers, if you should choose a pair of skirts please let it be lower than your knees.
6. The Admission order, your good name in full must appear on the second page if you leave a blank page to be signed by the representatives from the Attorney General, Bar Council and the State Bar Committee, it will NOT be signed.
7. Speeches can be prepared 100% in Bahasa Malaysia (the Malay Language) or English, please choose one language only. Please send your speech at least a week ahead of the proceedings and find an opportunity to meet the counsel moving your call prior to the proceedings.
What is an interesting speech
The learned presiding judge will hear 10 speeches at least in a day
– If your speech is just about your kindergarten primary and secondary schools it is a perfect speech, but it could also be summed up in one line
– “My Lord, the papers are in Order and I pray for an order in terms.”
– Because the judge really is not interested to hear about that, and the WHOLE court full of senior lawyer are not so keen too…
– So tell us something unusual about yourself, you can write a moving speech to thank someone in your journey;
– Tell us about the hardship if any.
– In that short three minutes speech make it count…
– You are only admitted ONCE in West Malaysia, hopefully…
Have a great day in court.
Alex Chang Huey Wah